Supporting ACE Cardiff
You can support ACE Cardiff in two ways – by volunteering your skills and experience or by making a donation. Details of how you can volunteer for us appear on a separate page of tis site.
We are a small charity attempting big things for the communities we serve, but our size dictates that any donation, whatever its size, makes a bigger impact.
Below, we talk about how you could think of us in your Will. Otherwise you could choose to make a difference right now.
Here are some examples of what your donation could give us the opportunity to buy:
• Photocopying work sheets for the eight homework club sessions….. £10 a week
• Nutritious light snacks (e.g. whole wheat biscuits, semi-skimmed milk, fresh fruit) for session breaks……. £20 a week
• English, Science and Mathematics text books for Key Stages 2 – 3……. £40 per subject per term (three terms a year)
• Volunteer tutors and teaching assistants’ travel expenses…..£60 per month
• English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) tutor fees…… £20 per hour (currently 10 hours a week)
• Project Worker raising the profile of ACE Cardiff’s Watch My Needs project for people with dementia..…£15,000 per annum.
Our overheads (salaries, office costs, rent, etc.) represented 15% of turnover in our latest accounts to June 2016 that are posted on the Charity Commission website (Charity No. 1116764). But you can specify that you want 100% of your donation to go in a specific direction.
If you would like to talk to us about a donation – or just want our bank details! – please call our Founder, Gerald Puttock on 02920 471241 or email him at Gerald.email@example.com.
Where there’s a Will……….
Do you remember your school days? If you had your time again, would you have used them differently? A legacy left to ACE Cardiff in your Will would ensure that you can make a real difference to the life chances of Cardiff’s disadvantaged children.
Leaving ACE Cardiff as little as 1% of your estate would buy valuable learning materials for the education sessions that we have delivered for over seven years, free of charge, to the poorer communities in Cardiff. Learning sessions which, we know, are making a lasting impact. We raise money from a variety of voluntary sources but 100% of the income from legacies goes towards actual items used in these sessions.
Over one hundred volunteers already give their time, knowledge and experience to help this small charity that’s always trying to do big things.
A simple call to your legal representative would set the ball rolling.
If we can provide any further information about the charity’s work, you can contact our Founder, Gerald Puttock on 02920 471241 or at Gerald.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you think you can help?
……………there’s a way.